My photo
There is a space between what we say and what we think, and that gap is never fully realized. But we can continue to try to connect the points, and eventually maybe we can get somewhere.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Juicing pt. II!

So day two is almost over! Jon and I both dreampt about eating last night, and also when he took a nap today. We woke up feeling pretty good though, but as the day went on I began to feel more and more hungry. It's a strange kind of hunger though. I'm full, but I'm also very empty. I don't feel weak, because I feel very alert, but I feel slow, even if I'm not actually moving slowly.

Jon is feeling a little worse though. I have had any headaches, and I don't feel all that crabby. I feel a little beside myself, but I think I'm also adjusting to working from home. Jon is not so happy though. Good thing I'm going to surprise him before his overnight shift (?!?!) with a delicious pineapple/apple/ginger juice! I have to commend him, because working retail while doing this must be very very difficult. But I know he can do it.

Here's the menu we followed for day two:

APPLE, CARROT & BEET
2 Apples
4 Carrots
2 Beets
6 leaves swiss chard
1” ginger root

SWEET SUMMER
2 broccoli stalks
2 organic white peaches
1 organic fuji apple

GREAT GREENS
2 Green Apples
2-3 cups Spinach
6-8 leaves Swiss Chard
1 Cucumber
4 stalks Celery
1/2 Fennel Bulb
1 bunch Basil

GAZPACHO
4 Plum Tomatoes
1 large Cucumber
2 stalks Celery
1 Red Bell Pepper
1/4 small Red Onion
2 cups Parsley, leaves
1 Lime

FRUIT SPICE
1/4 Pineapple
2 Pears
1" Ginger

The Gazpacho and Fruit Spice were probably the two best of the day. I made too much of the Gazpacho, and I loved every extra drop. When I feel like I haven't had enough I make some hot water with lemon, and the heat fills my stomach.

The best part of this f(e)ast is that... well it might be just how I'm feeling but it might also be my perspective but it might be both... I look in the mirror and I feel really beautiful. I look at my hands and I can't help but think how lovely they are. When I take a shower, the heat feels that much more enjoyable.

So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment