My photo
There is a space between what we say and what we think, and that gap is never fully realized. But we can continue to try to connect the points, and eventually maybe we can get somewhere.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Please Avoid Television Lobotomies

There is this book store I love to visit when I'm back home. It's right next to the Pannikin in Solana Beach and it's called Book Works. Since I've been visiting both places for the majority of my past four years, whenever I go home it's a great pleasure to grab a coffee and then go peruse the new book selection. They always have wonderful unique books from the best publishers, and I always leave with something new under my arm. Here's a few things I picked up this time around:

A few postcards...





and speaking of Marlon...

Then I also found some real gems,



Book Works only had about 8 of these petite treasures. I bought one about the human body, and Phi. They're very compact but full of thorough information on their subjects. I hope to slowly collect all of them over time. 

Then I found this other very fascinating book,






This last image was very interesting,


At the start of the second paragraph it states that sexual intercourse is basically only necessary for men, which reminded me of this radical feminist group that I had read about a long time ago. Although I can't seem to find them now online, I did find this synopsis of Valerie Solanas' SCUM Manifesto, which also basically states women can exist without natural reproduction due to new technological developments, and women would be much better off without men. Valerie Solanas was also the woman who had shot to kill Andy Warhol in 1968, and failed. Crazy.
Although it's all interesting... I don't think I could ever live without men.

All in all it was a great day at Book Works.

No comments:

Post a Comment