My photo
There is a space between what we say and what we think, and that gap is never fully realized. But we can continue to try to connect the points, and eventually maybe we can get somewhere.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

12:32

I could sink myself into the sand a forget how time exists. I would start with the tips of my fingers and toes and press them slowly against the friction of the moveable mass. Then inch by inch I would move the remainders of my extremities, my palms, wrists, and elbows, my heels, ankles, and calves until my thighs, breasts and shoulders were fully submerged under the weight of those tiny particles. My neck and head would rest there, on the surface of the sea earth and lean themselves towards the warmth of the sun. My eyes and throat would soak up the rays the way our pores soak up oxygen- invisible but effective, until my lips were red and tense and my eyelids ached from the heat. I could do this and time would stand still for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment